Stone crab claws are delicious when served on a bed of orange slices with hearts of palms and an onion and bell pepper garnish. One-fourth cup of Allisons’ Apiaries Orange Blossom Honey added to the sauce gives it an extra bit of Florida flavor that will delight any palate.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 3 pounds medium stone crab claws cooked and chilled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Allisons' Apiaries Orange Blossom honey
- 1/2 cup orange or tangerine juice
- 8 hearts of palm fresh or canned
- 1/4 cup red onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers roasted, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup yellow bell peppers roasted, thinly sliced
- 2 medium oranges or tangerines peeled and sectioned
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon leaves chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach finely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- Crack claws; remove shell and movable pincer, leaving the meat attached to the remaining pincer. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, honey and orange or tangerine juice.
- Bring to a boil and cook until thickened to syrup.
- Remove from heat, cool and set aside.
- Slice hearts of palm into thin strips.
- In a bowl, combine the hearts of palm, onions, peppers, orange or tangerine segments, tarragon and spinach.
- Dress salad with olive oil and vinegar; toss until moistened.
- Serve salad in the center of each plate with stone crab claws arranged around the edge. Drizzle the honey citrus sauce over all and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve extra honey citrus sauce on the side.
Share this Recipe